We all have a summer cold this week. So naturally, I am craving comfort food! This Apple Pie recipe (below!) is so tasty and simple and really doesn’t need half the sugar to taste amazing! AND! If you just put a little sugar in it, it becomes BREAKFAST PIE! Yes!!!
– 6 Cups thinly sliced Granny Smith Apples
– 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (less if you want BREAKFAST PIE)
– 1 TBLS Butter
– 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
– 1 Recipe Pastry (Or make your own, like Super Woman)
– 2 TBLS Lemon Juice
– 2 TBLS Flour
– 1/2 TSP Vanilla
– 1/4 TSP Nutmeg
– Wipe, Core and Peel Apples — Chop into thin (but not too thin!) Slices
– Combine with Sugar, Cinnamon, Lemon Juice, Flour, Vanilla and Nutmeg
– Arrange apple mixture in layers in the pastry lining on your pie plate.
– Dot the top layer with butter.
– Cover with your top pie crust
– Place on lowest rack (or so they say) in preheated oven at 450 degrees
– Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 35 minutes more!